Traditionally CRM was done on Desktops and Laptops. Today you can even edit a document in your mobile or create a presentation, why not CRM? Naturally traditional CRM companies ventured in creating a mobile version of their software with limited functionality. What they missed in these first generation Mobile CRM was a whole new disruptive set of capabilities that become possible in the mobile platform that turns CRM on its head.
What is Mobile CRM: Mobile customer relationship management is a type of customer relationship management application that was designed to be executed, operated and accessed through mobile platforms. Mobile CRM enables organizations to add, edit and manage their interaction and relationships with current or prospective customers through mobile applications on handheld mobile devices, PDAs and tablet PCs.
Benefits of mobile CRM over regular CRM: Office based CRM systems are powerful tools, but once outside a computer environment the user is completely disconnected from the huge source of information provided by the CRM. Additionally, every computer within the business network requires the CRM Software to be installed directly on it and to be connected via network cables to all other computers. This would cause an extremely long roll out time for new CRM Software implementation apart from big expense.
Introducing mobile CRM to your sales operation can be a enormous change for the better. Your salespeople can update and synchronize information on the move, sharing real-time data from across the business. They are not engrossed with day-to-day task on desktop because a salesperson is carrying a tablet or smartphone with him. Besides, with the integration of cloud technology to mobile CRM functionality, you’re no longer synchronizing data with a local copy – you’re accessing live, centrally held information from whichever device you choose.
Another interesting workflow can be viewed as when an inbound lead is generated. With traditional CRM, when someone calls, you either remember it or take down the notes. Later on you enter the data in CRM at the office and then start creating a proposal for him. However, with mobile CRM, you can achieve this within a very short period of time.
How is mobile-first CRM different from CRM with mobile app / interface: Mobile first is a business strategy and that assumes smartphones, tablets and task-specific apps are employees' primary tools to get the work done.
The traditional approach to business process assumes employees do most of their work at their desks, using PCs and large, powerful software suites. Often, mobile workers are accommodated by loading full versions of PC software onto smartphones and tablets, either through mobile desktop virtualization or porting applications to mobile operating systems. These strategies may not be effective, however, because mobile apps are usually more narrow in focus than their PC counterparts and desktop software programs are not designed for touch screen interfaces.
A mobile first strategy aims to address these problems. The approach accommodates desktop computing but does so in a way that fits the more task-specific, flexible work styles of the mobile era. For example, a desktop application that manages a company's entire supply chain might be redesigned as several smaller apps, tailored to different groups of users.
Mobile CRM may not be for your business: Mobile CRM, while useful for many business may not be suitable for yours. Here are the businesses which may not benefit much from Mobile CRM
- Call Center: While Mobile CRM can be used by Call Center staff, most call centers have already invested in call center hardware and have a process built of employees working from an office setup. As such converting the staff to use Mobile CRM and work from anywhere may not be the best solution, at least not initially.
- Retail CRM: Retails shops normally operate from fixed desks with computers. As such it may not be convenient to use Mobile CRM when the same can be available from their existing setup and may already be integrated with their payment system.
Why people ditch CRM and how Mobile CRM can solve it: CRM requires a large volume of data to be entered on a regular basis which makes it less than rosy proposal for many salesperson and as such long term adoption suffers. Well designed Mobile CRM minimizes data entry by capturing data automatically and intelligently from various sources. A mobile-first CRM like Relaso Sales CRM follows the following strategy.
- Captures call details automatically against leads so you don't make to note it in details.
- Allows very easy multi-tagging of contacts, making them easy to classify and target for drip-marketing and follow-ups.
- Integrates proposal building so a quick proposal can be sent even during call.
- Even creates invoice or provides cash sales receipt.
- Go to client site and explain product.
- Send proposal after going back to office.
- follow-up to close the deal.
- Send invoice to customer.
So in essence whereas the old workflow would require the following:
With Mobile CRM, all of the above may be completed in a matter of minutes, at client site of while on-call.