The right Customer Relationship Management solution can make a business productive and can increase customer satisfaction considerably. Mobile customer relationship management (CRM) applications is redesigned for easier use on tablets and smartphones so that employees can work productively, even with a smaller screen. Due to the recent advancement in mobile device technology, businesses should consider taking advantage of the increased functionality of mobile CRM solutions. The following highlights the benefit of adopting mobile CRM for business
- Collaboration in Real time: Using mobile CRM, each team member can get into information about what the other team members know, anytime, anywhere. Information isn’t confined at a particular place. It’s available to anyone who needs it irrespective of they’re in the office or not. Say, for example, a sales agent is out at client's site. By updating the information remotely through mobile CRM, he can ensure that rest of company people know what's happening. Or, if any customer calls up suddenly, the salesperson could easily access relevant info using his/her mobile device.
- Access of crucial information increases sales: Using mobile CRM, sales people can access to important information such as account history, products recently purchased and the most up to date pricing information. This will help him plan and prepare for a meeting, or notify him to follow up with a prospect while on the road.
- You can really work with valuable information: You will be able to understand your performance by going through activity report and identify how to improve it. The value addition is achieved by the metrics it provides. Say, for example, you will be able to know:
- Whether you’ve won new accounts or carried out more customer monitoring in a specific time period.
- The percentage of time spent on each of the companies in your portfolio.
- The geographical picture of sales impact. etc.
Capture new Opportunities: Mobile CRM is an useful app to interact with customers and update all the information at the source. If you can reduce the number of steps between the conversations with the customer and logging all the details into CRM, there are higher chances to capture that deal. As soon as you get a potential sale logged in, you have better chance of actually dealing with it. When you are in the middle of meetings, it may be difficult to open your laptop. But, if you don’t enter the data immediately, there is every possibility that you may forget the crucial information by the end of the day. A cloud based mobile CRM app like Relaso sales CRM takes care of this problem very easily.
If you visit your customer or get a phone call while you are away from office and something changes regarding the sale in progress, quote or lead, you can update it in your mobile CRM as you go. You don't have to wait until you get back to your desk. If you meet someone important, you can add them as contacts, book appointments and plan activities straight away. This way you make sure that you will follow up on a potential customer and won’t lose important opportunities. These are additional benefits for using mobile CRM apps in terms of capturing opportunities.
- Increases Productivity: When salespeople are away for sales meetings at customer's site, orders can be placed as soon as they agreed upon, instead of making them waiting until the salesperson returns to the office. For many companies, early orders make a big difference in planning and production. Mobile CRM thus speeds up quicker order placement from traveling salespeople. Companies who use mobile CRM report that customer satisfaction goes up 74%.
- User Experience: PC and mobile application are meant to be different. Using a desktop app to a mobile device isn’t going to provide a positive user experience. Just because your web content fits onto a laptop browser screen, this does not mean it is suitable for a mobile device. Mobile content needs to be simplified and revamped for each user device. The mobile apps should be data contextual, make information entry as much automatic as possible, minimize keystrokes and streamline workflow.
- Adaptability over Time: Mobile CRM projects are sometimes made only once rather than ongoing programs. Systems can start off fine but quickly becomes outdated as the organization changes and the system doesn't keep up. Effective CRM systems need resources and attention over the long-term.
- Wrong Data Entry: In order to reap the benefit of mobile CRM, you need high quality of data into the system. Sales reps may enter incomplete data if they play around different methods and in case, they’re poorly trained on how to use the system, they may even enter incorrect data. Apart from this, when a company gets a new software, old data must be migrated. All of these things can easily lead to stale CRM data.
- Selection of wrong mobile CRM software: Many companies purchase CRM software without any prior research, but realize when they implement the system that they don't really need many of those features. To avoid this, only choose CRM software with features and functionality that directly apply to your business processes.
While organizations are judiciously deploying their mobile application strategy, there are a few major mistakes that cause mobile customer service failure, according to Gartner, Inc. Many mobile apps are simply unsuitable because the desktop application is simply modified to a mobile device. Other mobile apps are visually appealing, but they are not smart enough to take advantage of the mobile devices unique strengths.